AdSense

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Frustrations and Accomplishments

So, I have had a really frustrating couple of weeks. Not that I haven't been working hard. I am up to 2 to 4 miles a day of walking. And I have been very faithful about that. But I just haven't felt like I was getting anywhere. I just feel like I am not seeing anything -- for all of the hard work I am putting in.

So Yesterday I went and did my 2 miles in the morning, and then Kim and I did another 2 miles at lunch. By the time we were done -- my pants had officially qualified for being declared completely worn out, and had to be thrown away. So I was trying to find something that I could wear for my exercise -- and guess what. I officially have pulled out an old pair of pants out of the closet, and was able to put them on. So even though I am not seeing the pounds coming off as quickly as I would like, I am thrilled to report that I am starting to get close to breaking out some of the old pants in the closet! Yeah!

That made me feel real good. Also -- I am finding that the exercise world is a group of very friendly, and encouraging people. You usually pass the same people each day during exercise time, and they are all very friendly, and say hello or waive. Some even offer encouragement of good job, or keep going. So overall, I guess I am making more progress than I have been feeling like for the last couple of weeks.

3 comments:

Our Corner said...

Keep it up Lisa your doing GREAT!!! You look so good.

NikkiAWardell said...

Always great when you can throw too big pants away and pull some older skinnier ones out and wear them!!:) Skinnier pants is better than a number on the scale anyday! Yeah for you!

Lisa said...

From Dad,

GOOD JOB!
Remember, it took years to put on so you will have to be realistic and expect it will take a little time to get off.
THIS IS A LIFE STYLE CHANGE NOT A DIET/EXERCISE PROGRAM.
We eat and exercise to look and live the way we want and to, hopefully, carry on as long as possible.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK:
Dad