AdSense

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Body is Finally Adapting

My body is finally starting to play nice. And things are definitely improving. I was in to the doctor's office yesterday, mainly because of this stupid cough. And all that aside, things were looking real good on the diet side.

My blood pressure is coming down (116/80), and my sleep is finally improving. I also find that my energy level is starting to go up during the day, and I am not in nearly as much pain. My knees are feeling much better, and the pain in them has become much less. I am even starting to be able to tolerate stairs much better (not that I ever think I will be running flights of stairs again for my exercise -- or any thing.) But I find that my muscle tone is getting better, and my knees are moving easier. I also find that I am just generally feeling better.

The doctor thinks things are looking real good, aside from the stupid cough that the antibiotics will take care of. So overall, the improvements are finally starting to kick in. I feel much better about how things are going. It is really a good feeling to be able to go outside and go for a short walk, and actually enjoy it now.

Also, the doctor encouraged me to keep working. She said as long as the cough was not inhibitory, and I didn't have a fever -- there was no reason to stop the exercise. But I have to be cautious on the days that my body is really dragging, and I am having a hard time moving, as those are days that I need more sleep, and my body probably needs some healing.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

From Bob

You can seriously be proud of yourself Lisa for pushing through the first few weeks of hell and not giving up. There still will be hard days ahead, but it sounds like your body is getting into a groove now where its used to the idea of working out and healthy food.

nona said...

Congratulations!!! Diet and exercise are tough, but when you are sick it is 10 times harder. It sounds like you have really found a great program for you. KEEP IT UP. I am proud of you!!!!!

Lisa said...

From Dad,

Hi There: It sounds to me like you have made it over the first hurdle, getting your body to agree and accept. THAT'S GREAT! You will find as you move further along this lane that your immune system actually kicks into hyper drive and improves. As for the cough, you made the correct choice to take all the meds you can and get past it. Your mom and I are still hacking away. Feeling better but sounding worse.
A lot of good things happen when you start to get into shape. Just remember this is a life long journey and like all journeys it begins with a single step. This is a new life style for you and your body.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK-IT'S WORTH IT!
Love
Dad